BETTER AMMO. CASE CLOSED.
The polymer-cased PolyCase line of ammunition is being perfected for release in the near future, but is not currently available for sale. We will make an announcement as soon as this line is ready for release!
The PolyCase ARX® will combine cutting-edge lightweight, low-friction polymer cartridge cases with the ARX® Self-Defense projectile – The NEXT Generation of Self-Defense Technology.
Introduced in January 2014, the ARX® is a new bullet in every sense of the word. From the way it’s manufactured, to its shape to the way it transfers energy to the target. To understand the ARX®, one needs to forget nearly everything they’ve been told about bullets. The non-expanding ARX® is injection molded from a specially blended copper/polymer matrix that is designed to be tough enough to penetrate soft targets and tissue, but when it encounters tougher barriers it is designed to break apart to reduce the risk for collateral damage due to over penetration.
Even the heaviest clothing barriers have no effect on the terminal performance of the ARX® bullet. The ARX® penetrates straight until it encounters soft tissue. Upon entering soft tissue, the specially designed grooves in the nose harness the rotational energy of the bullet during the initial 6” of penetration. As the bullet penetrates it tumbles in a controlled, predictable fashion that delivers very consistent terminal performance that equals or exceeds conventional hollow point designs.
The flutes in the nose of the ARX® bullet harness the gain in kinetic energy accrued due to the increased velocity of fluid through the constriction designed into those flutes. Fluid passing through the ARX® flutes travels between one-and-a-half to two-times the velocity of the bullet. In soft tissue, the ARX® is designed to penetrate 12” to 14”, every time.
- 25 Cartridges / Box
- 56 gr ARX™
- 1315 fps / 215 ft. lbs.
- POLYMER CASE: Advanced engineering and design result in reliable, lightweight, low friction ammunition.
- CONSISTENT PERFORMANCE: Designed and tested using SAAMI® standards.
- PRECISE: Injection molded ARX® projectiles deliver exceptional accuracy.
- ARX® PROJECTILE: Featuring the revolutionary ARX® Self-Defense projectile, designed to engage targets through highly effective lateral dispersion of kinetic energy.
- PATENT PENDING: Polymer cartridge case technology and revolutionary ARX® projectiles combined to create one of the most advanced cartridges of ammunition ever.
- LATERAL FORCE: The non-expanding ARX® design harnesses the projectile’s rotational energy to transfer maximum terminal energy to targets through lateral force dispersion.